Spilled Hop Devil IPA on my MBP

Reaction score
Same problem, my cat spilled a Hop Devil IPA all over the keyboard. I immediately flipped it over and turned the machine off, i'm not sure however how i should proceed in removing the battery. It's a newer MBP and the battery isn't reachable from the casing. I just spent $700 something a year ago to repair the same machine, water was more fatal than expected. Hopefully things will turn around for me and i can get this thing powered up in no time.

should i remove the battery, is it too late since i haven't already? how do i the remove battery?

how long i should keep it flipped over waiting for it to dry out?

Thanks for the answers everyone, appreciate it very much!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I moved your post to a separate thread by itself as you replied to a thread that was 3 years old.

Regarding all spills, please read our Sticky notice about spills at the top of this forum.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.