wifi problems

Reaction score
I recently purchased an airport express to boost the airport extreme to my basement so i would get better connection while playing xbox. My brother also uses the family MacBook Pro at the same time. both of us are experiencing a great amount of lag. I think the problem is in the airport express but i dont know for sure. Someone help please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Does it have the same channel and name on both and are both set at 5GHz or 2,4GHz ?

OP
P
Reaction score
Does it have the same channel and name on both and are both set at 5GHz or 2,4GHz ?

Well, both are set to the channel 11. And by same name do you mean if one is named "My Network", the other one should be named "My Network" as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Yes and although the AEBS will use simultaneous radios broadcasting both 2.4/5 the Express has to be selected one are the other to the best of my knowledge or thats how I got mine to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.