Help: MacBook Pro or MacBook Air

Reaction score
I need help deciding whether to get a 15" Macbook Pro or a 13" inch MacBook Air. For the past five years i have had my faithful iMac, but because it only has a Core Duo, it won't support Lion and I... feel afraid of obsolescence :(

About me: 95% of the time I just use my computer for internet browsing, i.e. Facebook, Reddit, and Google Docs. I understand that the Air would be fine for this type of usage. However, I occasionally do heavy-duty work with apps like Photoshop and After-Effects, and I feel like the Pro would be better suited for that sort of work. However I really like the form factor and portability of the Air, and with updates coming soon I think it might be more suited for heavy-duty work

If anyone has any experience with both models, it would be great if you could share your experiences with both.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the correct forum as it does not belong in "Switchers". Please read forum descriptions before posting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram
I would get the 15" MBP so you can perform those power hungry applications.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.