Time Machine Wifi connection problems

Reaction score
Recently I had a complete computer freeze up and had to do a hard reboot. Afterwards I was asked to Input DNS server information. I found some from the web and entered it. Since the DNS numbers have reset anyway. However in the meantime I can't connect either Iphone or Macbook to wifi. It shows the network is there and operating but won't connect. The IMac is connected by cable through the time machine and into the cable router and it has internet. I have tried to find the problem online with no success. I am thinking about restoring via time machine to just before the computer freeze a few days ago. 1. Will this restore settings to the airport utility so it will work. 2. To do a full restore I read that I need the install disc, since I started with Leopard and then updated to Snow Leopard should i use the Snow Leopard disc? 3. Does anyone have an easier suggestion.

System Information

Time Machine
IMac10,1
Macbook 5,1
Iphone 4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Try rebooting both the modem and router ?

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I should have mentioned that I have already tried that several times.

OP
A
Reaction score
Solved it myself. Just reset the airport extreme to original settings and started over. Thanks all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.