Question about sending iPod in for repair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
My ipod is now dead (im not going to go into details because that is not what this thread it about) I am wondering if i requested repair service online would I be sent a box and then I send in the ipod or would I be shipped a new ipod and then I send in the broken one? I am still under warranty if that makes any difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Your questions are answered here:

http://www.apple.com/support/products/applecareipod.html

APP for iPod said:
Service coverage is available only for the iPod and its original included accessories (excluding the carrying case) that are defective in materials or workmanship or for battery depletion of 50 percent or more from original specification. Equipment returned for service may be repaired or replaced with functionally equivalent new, used, or refurbished equipment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Hi Benjamin,

You have to return your broken ipod before Apple will issue a new one, because it may be repairable.

If it is any consolation, I have to give Apple some really good credit here. I am in the UK and my ipod mini went dead - tried everything, no luck.

I then filled in the repair service form online, (You can change country at the bottom if necessary) and within two days a delivery guy came to my door to hand me the packaging that I had to send my broken ipod back in. He also waited while I packaged it so that he did not have to make a return journey to pick it back up.

By day 3 it had reached Apple, by day six, I had a brand new ipod delivered to my door that I signed for. All in all it took Apple six days, (and a weekend was included in that,) and it didn't cost me a penny, nor did I have to leave the house.

First class service. The only other company to have offered a better service is Proview. Both times when my TFT monitor became faulty, less than 24 hours later (the very next day infact) Proview delivered a brand new one to my door, taking the old one back with them - twice this happened.

I doubt I will ever get service like that anywhere else, but Apple comes a very close second!

F

fco1922

fast service

I live in England and had to have my iPod repaired. DHL collected it and despite the fact that the unit went to the Netherlands, I had a NEW iPod within 5 days. Most people I have spoken with have said that they too received new iPods in exchange.

Y

Yeungster

I am from the UK too, and had to send my ipod in, due to it flippin out after a firmware update.

Likewise, within 7 days, I had a brand spanking new ipod. Not a reconned unit either! Courier supplied packaging, picked it up and returned it within a week

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.