Permissions help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
so, my new MBP 13" decidied it wasnt going to sync my iPhone. I had a problem earlier with not being able to access files.

when i first got the MBP last weekend, i installed my user from a manual back up of my MB. everything was fine with it until i tried to save stuff. i changed permissions to the user folder and everything worked.

this, time there were some errors trying to sync my phone. so i figured that i would change permissions and ownership of the Macintosh HD.

now the MBP will not boot. i can get single user mode. everytime i perform a UNIX command this appears and then what ever it can do is printed:

shared_region: 0xffffff800a7ecba8 [24(ls)] map (0xffffff800ab788b8: 'dyld_shared_cache_x86_64'): owned by uid=501 instead of 0

can anyone help?

TIA
Dylan

OP
fearlessfreap24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
I am not at home and i had to take it to the apple store. they did an archive and install. everything works, except the iphone is not picked up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.