Wireless Connection Issue - Need Help

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Unfortunately, I am having a problem with my 2.4 GHz Macbook. When I try to connect to the internet, my speeds are very slow, and I often lose connection. I contacted my ISP as well as Cisco to question why these speeds were occurring. On average, I have a 450kb download speed with extremes of 1mb and even 40 bytes at times (yikes). I was wondering if anyone here could do something to help me, because these problems do not occur on my moms inferior pc 1.6 GHz processor (all she needs) and I think it has something to do with my mac. Thank you for your help in for advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the correct forum where you will be likely to receive more answers to your question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
What encryption are you using and have you tried iStumbler to look at the wireless traffic,channels and noise and if channel config is auto select a channel manually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.