Windows Registry Pop Up on MAC???

R

ruggerus

Hi All,
New MAC User and recent convert here. Can't say enough good things about the MAC. I love it. Wish I would have switched years ago.
So, I hope someone can help me with a question:
My fiance was surfing the web today on our MAC mini and she had a pop up window for a Windows Registry Cleaner. The sender was FALKAR.net. I am assuming this is a generic pop-up and nothing to worry about. I cancelled the two windows that popped up and it was fine.
Do I need to worry about this?
Has anyone else come across this?
Is there any way to block similar issues in the future?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Ken

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If you are using Sarafi, press Apple + K to enable popup blocking. :) If it is a pop under, then you can't really do anything about it, if you do have popup blocking enabled. I laugh, when I see popups that are windows related.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like iWhat said you can enable PopUp blocking hitting Apple-K but also if you click the Safari drop down in the toolbar you will see the 4th option down is Block Pop-Up Windows. Make sure that has a check mark next to it.

There are an increasing number of Pop Unders that pop UNDER the page you are viewing. I find I get way less of them in Safari on the Mac than I do with the latest Firefox on XP. I am sure they are working on blocking them in the future, but if you have pop up blocking checked you should get no pop ups in front of your work anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
Yeah, and them pop-ups your talking about are just to kinda worry people who don't know into clicking them! But you've nothing to worry about, and liek the others said, enable pop-up blocking and you shouldn't see them again!

OP
R

ruggerus

Thanks all,

I didn't think it was anything to worry about, but I welcome the confirmation. I also appreciate the pop-up blocker info about Safari. Hadn't figured that one out yet. I still have a lot to learn. These forums are better than tech support.
Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.