Hide annoying pop-up error messages?

Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

I have an odd question. I'm running snow leopard (10.6.7 specifically) and I keep getting this annoying error message popping up from iCal. It doesn't effect functionality at all but it does ruin my productivity to have it popping up every hour or so. Message reads "The server did not recognize your user name or password for account “[email protected].” Make sure you enter them correctly." Is there a way to hide the pop-up permanently or just auto OK it with bit of terminal or something? I've tried for a week to troubleshoot to no avail! Any help, ideas or consolation would extremely appreciated!

Thanks so much,
monstermashup

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It's probably doing this because you've (at some point) set up CalDAV to sync iCal with Google Calendar. Go to iCal > Preferences > Accounts and make sure the password is right for your Google account.

OP
M
Reaction score
What's weird is that the password and server path are correct. I even cut off the "/" at the end like some of the threads suggested. The calendar updates and syncs just fine so the functionality is unaffected. The pop up is just really annoying. Weird right?

Reaction score
The best thing to do in these kinds of situations is to remove the settings, reboot and re enter your password from scratch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.