Original Installation Discs for 2007 MBP - A1229

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 17" late 2007 model (A1229) 2.6Ghz; 4GB Ram
Hi all

I've recently bought a 2007 17" MBP but it came without the instal/recovery discs although Snow Leopard is currently installed I know it cam with Leopard originally.

I am wanting to get the recovery discs and wondered if anyone can tell me which ones I need - Is it these?

Disk 1
MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Install Disk 1
Mac OS version 10.5.2
AHT version 3A136
Disc version 1.1
2Z691-6199-A

Disk 2
Mac OS X Install Disk 2
Disc version 1.0
2Z691-6195-A

If not, any clues please?

thanks
Buck

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks harryb

Im in the UK and I hadnt seen that so thanks again

Also as I'm totally new to Mac I'd heard that many install discs wont work on machines as they are type/age specific.

I'm wanting to do a complete clean install and then upgrade to Lion X but at the minute I have no discs at all so thought if I buy Lion X I might not have all the files I needed?

Thanks again
Buck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Lion will be out next month, and last reports stated it would be an upgrade from Snow Leopard OS X.6. You may well be looking for both operating systems. You will still need the original install discs to run Apple Hardware Test, one of the best troubleshooting utilities around.

Also double check when Lion is released if your MBP reaches its specs, in particular the Core 2 Duo processors:-

http://www.smashingeeks.com/featured/the-all-new-mac-os-x-lion-overview-features-and-rumors.html

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks harry

My Mac will be able to take the new Lion OS :)

I will buy the original discs and then look at upgrading through Snow Leopard and then to Lion!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.