Will the OS X Lion autosave feature work for Microsoft Office?

Reaction score
Will the new OS X Lion autosave feature work for Microsoft Office ?(e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint). I ask this because Office is a Microsoft product

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Who knows as Lion is still another month away. You can bet your sweet bippy it will!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
From what I can tell it seems Lion's auto save feature is a build in OS feature meaning that any app should be able to take advantage of it. The question is whether apps need to be updated and programmed to do use the feature or if it will be forced upon within the OS. I'm only speculating so we won't know until someone actually tests it out.

As long as you are talking about the Office version made for Mac I don't think it makes a difference whether it's made by Microsoft. Anyone making software for a specific OS needs to conform to the rules of that OS as long as it's a forced rule as I've mentioned above.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Will the new OS X Lion autosave feature work for Microsoft Office ?(e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint). I ask this because Office is a Microsoft product Thanks

Why even worry about that? Microsoft Office already has a built in autosave feature which you can setup from its preferences menu. It also has an auto backup feature which can be turned on from the same preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.