Auto-Song Info Through iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Why is the song information so difficult to get right....even simple things like labeling two disc sets so that that they are consistent seems difficult.

Is there a process for letting them know about errors....for example, I have a series of discs for which iTunes thinks that the song list for Disc 1 of Volume 3 is the same as Volume 2. I've fixed them myself but its something that they should know about. Also smaller things like disc 2 of a two disc set not being labeled the same way or being a different "genre" than disc 1.

What can be done?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Control Click (Right Click on Mighty Mouse/2 Button Mice) and go to Get Info. Click on the tab that says Info. Full IDv3 thingy or whatever it's called editor. Have fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Abdiel said:
Why is the song information so difficult to get right....even simple things like labeling two disc sets so that that they are consistent seems difficult.

Is there a process for letting them know about errors....for example, I have a series of discs for which iTunes thinks that the song list for Disc 1 of Volume 3 is the same as Volume 2. I've fixed them myself but its something that they should know about. Also smaller things like disc 2 of a two disc set not being labeled the same way or being a different "genre" than disc 1.

What can be done?
That information is not set by Apple or iTunes, but rather the Gracenote CDDB. If there really is a huge discrepancy, you might want to check out their page or contact them

http://www.gracenote.com/music/corporate/FAQs.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.