Should I get the Photoshop CS2 for PC or Mac?

A

AlexN

Hi,

I just purchased the iBook G4 1.42GHz. I'm new to the Mac platform, but I'm willing to learn. Some of the major works are done on my PC, I'm wondering should I get the Photoshop CS2 for the Mac or PC?

Thanks

EDIT: Opps... forgot to mention my PC specs. My desktop PC is a P4 3.2GHz, 2GB DDR-400 RAM machine running on WinXP SP2. I have Photoshop 7 on my PC and I'm used to it. But as I said, I'm willing to learn the new platform.

Which machine would have a better performanc for the CS2?

Reaction score
if your use to it on pc..what better way to get use to the Mac than Photoshop, i have no pc skills at all I am teaching myself PS CS2 on an imac .I can not say how easy this is. I wish I started this 30 years ago ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
I would say being that mac is geard more toward multimedia (music, movies, graphic design, etc..) I would choose to get it for your mac. I currently have CS (bootleg, i know not good) and as far as I know its pretty buch the same thing. I will say this though, on pc, having mutiple images open with high res/graphics, will tend to bog down the PC. Get it for the mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I agree even though the mac is not the most powerfull, I would still put it on the mac because you are going to get great performance from it.

Congrats on your purchase of the iBook btw.. you are going to love being a switcher, its a great operating sytem.

OP
A

AlexN

I don't know if I'm called a switcher, since I will still need to rely on the PC/Wins platform. But I love the iBook G4 and the Mac OS X, can't wait till it arrives. The waiting is killing me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
for some particular reasons, i'll go for the pc. I have tried working photoshop on my ibook and am still not used to the mouse accuracy. I also feels that your pc will be faster than the spec of the ibook.

Lastly, i think that the ibook is mainly a second machine for lighter job.
If you are doing intense and heavy photoshop don't get CS2 only for your ibook. Unless you intend to get a Power mac G5 in the future.

Well, don't get me wrong. I really love my ibook. It's just that i'm much more faster working on Pc than Mac and that was my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.