My keyboard plays trick on me when I'm on stage

Reaction score
I play keyboard in a band using a Radium 61 keyboard as a trigger for sounds on Reason 4 and Logic 8 on my Macbook.

I'm having some intermittent problems that are happening at very inconvienient times.

Reason problems: I'm finding that different sounds on the same device will play at completly diffrent volumes when thay should be the same, for example on the NN19, a Rhodes sound will be so quiet you can barely hear it, then try Grand Piano and it will blast your head off. The problem seems to be mainly with Keyboard sounds rather than Synth sounds. Also with a Rhodes sound, for example, there will be a huge modulation even with the mod wheel at 0, then if you turn the LFO down the modulation decreases but then it also decreases the volume, if you turn the LFO right down the device becomes completely silent.

Logic problem: Again this seems to be mainly with Keyboard sounds, the Low end and the high end of the keyboard will be very load, however the middle range will be really quiet, no matter how much I EQ it.

Another thing I have noticed is on itunes there can be a weird effect on the audio playing, like a phaser or some kind of modulation.

I think when one of these problems is happening it will also be happening on the other programs at the same time. The problem will start suddenly or also stop suddenly and it always seems to happen when going into a PA system, I've not had these problems at home with headphones.

If anyone has experienced anything like this or has any idea what the problem might be any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
This sounds like a software issue or wire issue. Uninstall both Reason and Logic, then reinstall them and see if that helps. If not, check the wire your using. Your saying your getting different volume levels/ quality levels from different sounds. So its likely the wiring has gone bad and is sending screwed up information to your speakers. If this doesn't help I would experiment with some stuff. I'll do my best to assist you further.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.