Need Help Please

Reaction score
Ok so I am about to buy a tablet without the test week or so and I really need help deciding on the iPad2 or the Asus Transformer. The only reason I am even considering anything besides the iPad is because expandable memory is something I really need. Is there any proven way out there to hook up a sd car or flash drive to read and write information to it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
What are you planning to put on the drive? For movies/video and photos the camera kit for the iPad will do what you need. If it is general purpose files, then that isn't officially supported yet.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
OP
M
Reaction score
I need it mostly for powerpoints, but who know's what else I would need down the road. But the camera kit, will allow me to import and export video and pictures, via sd card, correct?

And that adapter is cool if you have a 64gb and then need more memory. But if you're going with the 16gb and then you buy a 8gb adapter for a 100 bucks, that costs just as much as buy a 32gb. Ahh i dont know, I still really need to think hard about this. Has anyone here ever messed around with the transformer?

C

chas_m

Hang on -- you need more than 64GB of storage for *powerpoint presentations*??

Uh, no, you don't actually.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hang on -- you need more than 64GB of storage for *powerpoint presentations*??

Uh, no, you don't actually.

Yeah you're right....hang on -- I said I was only considering the 16gb model right now and considering that each one of my ppts. are about 80mb in size and we cover about 30 powerpoints a semester in about 3 classes, so that would put me at about 6gb just for my *powerpoint presentations*. Add music, videos, and apps, I think I'd get pretty close to the capacity limit.

C

chas_m

Maybe. You'd be surprised how much stuff you can fit in 16GB if you're willing to give up trying to have EVERY photo, video or song you've ever owned all in one device.

I went for the 32GB iPad when I bought mine, but even after loading it up with plenty of all of the above, I still have 10GB left.

OP
M
Reaction score
Maybe. You'd be surprised how much stuff you can fit in 16GB if you're willing to give up trying to have EVERY photo, video or song you've ever owned all in one device.

I went for the 32GB iPad when I bought mine, but even after loading it up with plenty of all of the above, I still have 10GB left.

Ya I'm going to go ahead and get both and see which I like better. And just keep my pics and movies on a sd card...I'm going to try to save the ppts as jpegs and see if I can make them any smaller and just use the camera connection kit...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.