How many movies before the battery goes?

Reaction score
Hi - I am getting ready to buy an ipad and need to think about which size and what the battery will do. We travel a lot and I usually rent some movies from itunes on my iphone, which I will now do on the ipad.

How many movies of average length can I watch on one battery charge? And will the size of my ipad make a big difference on how many movies I can have downloaded? I'm ignorant as to what the sizes mean to me.

Thanks,
sue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Depends on where you get the movies. From iTunes I have a 2 hour movie that is ~2GB, and a 1 hour movie that is ~1GB. A 30 minute feature was about 800MB (All HD)

The battery seems to last forever - I watched 4 hours of movies plus played 2 hours of a 3d game while on a 10 hour flight. I had about 40% left after that. There are external batteries available such as the Zagg Sparq.

Having WiFi or 3G on and running will also suck down battery, as well as bluetooth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.