Mac-compatible Business Card Scanners

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good, Mac-compatible Business Card Scanner. I've looked at both CardScan and Iris products, and both get pretty negative reviews by customers, especially on ease of use, compatibility & support (the latter often described as deplorable or non-existent) with Macs. I'm a '20-year-plus' Mac user, so I guess you could say that I'm spoiled and have high expectations. I really don't want to play any "plug & crash" games, which some users experienced. I need something that will work with OSX S-Leopard on a MacBook Pro and/or MacBook Air. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
We use the Fujitsu scanners at work. They do have smaller models that what we have. They work great other than you find most people will say that the driver has a few stupid issues, but nothing that stops it from functioning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I have a Cardscan 800c, and I have never had an issue with it. Mind you that these things are meant to be fed the business cards, I know it has functionality to batch scan cards, but that doesn't work too well unfortunately. I inherited mine from my boss, a $250 value, and the one i got was the PC version. Supposedly there's a Mac and PC set, so i contacted them, and they sent me out the software for Mac with no issue.

Like you, i'm a 22-year-old Mac user, and I don't have a ton of cards to scan, so individually isn't a big deal to me. But it is nice when it interfaces with Address book, if only it could with Outlook though, but i can import from Address book to there. I have been able to get them to address book, then sync to my Palm, so that all works out for me.

You mentioned you might have a Macbook Air; how do you like it? I was thinking about buying one at the end of the summer.

OP
O
Reaction score
I have a Cardscan 800c, and I have never had an issue with it. Mind you that these things are meant to be fed the business cards, I know it has functionality to batch scan cards, but that doesn't work too well unfortunately. I inherited mine from my boss, a $250 value, and the one i got was the PC version. Supposedly there's a Mac and PC set, so i contacted them, and they sent me out the software for Mac with no issue.

Like you, i'm a 22-year-old Mac user, and I don't have a ton of cards to scan, so individually isn't a big deal to me. But it is nice when it interfaces with Address book, if only it could with Outlook though, but i can import from Address book to there. I have been able to get them to address book, then sync to my Palm, so that all works out for me.

You mentioned you might have a Macbook Air; how do you like it? I was thinking about buying one at the end of the summer.
Well, I've actually been USING Macs for over 20 years (started with a Mac-SE in 1988), so I'm quite a bit older than you! In any case, thanks for your post; very helpful. As for MacBook Air -- AWESOME -- provided you don't try to hang a bunch of peripherals on it! Also, buy the external Superdrive; it's well worth the $$. And if you're used to a mouse, get the Magic Mouse, but I prefer the built-in mouse pad b/c I've been using a MacBook Pro exclusively for the past 8 years, so I prefer the M-Pad.

OP
O
Reaction score
We use the Fujitsu scanners at work. They do have smaller models that what we have. They work great other than you find most people will say that the driver has a few stupid issues, but nothing that stops it from functioning.
You have exactly the same MB Pro I have & configured the same! I'll check out Fuji -- they did not come up on my initial search... MM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This thread was moved to the correct forum. What does this have to do with "Community Suggestions and Feedback"? Please read our forum descriptions before posting and be sure to read the Sticky notices at the top of each forum. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.