please**help*keyboard*problem

Reaction score
i*have*a*major*keyboard*problem*ive*just*bought*my*first*mac*and*i*dont*know*a*first*thing*about*it*a*few*days*ago*it*updated*it*automatically*and*installed*snow*leopard*fonts*i*suspect*thats*the*source*of*the*problem*but*im*not*sure*so*the*problem*is*this*sometimes*the*keyboard*is*working*normally*except*the*letter*h*witch*is*always*like*this**̏*other*letters*work*ok*but*then*become*weird*for*example*r*=*®*t=*†*g=*©*etc.*the*caps*lock*key*always*looks*like*its*turned*on*but*it*isnt,*when*i*plug*in my*old*keyboard*it*works*fine*but*i*didnt*do*anything*to*damage*the*keyboard*on*my*laptop,*language*and*text*is*set*correctly*so*thats*not*the*issue.
please*help*me*im*loosing*my*mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
OUCH

That was hard to read. Welcome to the forum and sorry its under such yuck circumstances :(

If you have only just bought this Mac Take it back to Apple and let them have a look at it for you. As good as we think our Mac's are there will always be lemons and you could have got one . . .

You could in the mean time repair permissions

Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility
Once open click yourHD in the left column and then the First Aid Tab. Now go to the bottom and click the Repair Permissions Tab and sit back and have a coffee . . .

It will prob bring up a big list in the Log but dont worry about it. Once its finished repairing, log out the back in and see if the problem still persists . . . .
Post back the results . . . Cheers

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is the spacebar broken too? ;)

Try going to System Preferences > Language & Text > Text > click "Restore Defaults"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Wel**** to t** boar*

Go! M*c! :p

OP
I
Reaction score
it*seems*that*backspace*is*broken*only*on*this*forum*im*sorry*about*that.*ill*listen*to*your*advice*and*try*to* fix*it*my*self*ive*bought*my*mac*in london*and*im*not*quite*sure*if*we*have*an apple*store*in*my*country*so*i****hope*this*will*work*ill*let*you*know*thanks*anyway

OP
I
Reaction score
hey guys i did everything you told me to do and nothing helped but good news i did something else that helped i went to universal access then to keyboard then to set key repeat then to modifier keys and*then i turned off the option key and everything is working fine except i cant tipe @ but thats ok i can copy paste it and live with that since everything else is working so it seems that the problem was in the option key (alt key) if you have any solutions for the @ situations please help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
Hey man, don't get used to the problem, take your brand new mac to a repair! it might be something that doesn't botter you, but come on, you paid for something that MUST work properly, don't do workarounds for something it's their fault.

OP
I
Reaction score
jeff i would do that but like i said im not sure that there is an apple store in my country and by the things i know its not smart to give it to someone in a regular shop to fix it so i am happy with this its not perfect but look at the first post its way better :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.