transferring emails form PC to MAC

Reaction score
Hi There!

Anyone can help me for transferring emails from PC entourage or outlook to mail or outlook in MAC?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The easiest and fastest way is to purchase "O2M" from here. The $12.95 cost is well worth it as it will save you considerable time over doing it another way.

And... please do not cross post. Always post to one forum and continue to reply to the original thread. Your cross post will be removed. Thanks for understanding.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the info.
is there another way?

I'm about to embark on the same thing when my MBP turns up tomorrow. I've seen another way where you install thunderbird mail client on you windows machines to import everything from outlook. You then copy a folder from the PC to the Mac and select an option to import thunderbird file within Apple Mail.

The problem i've got is that within Outlook 2010 alot of my mail is archived to the NAS box so i'll probably have to bring it all back into the mailbox first....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thank you very much for the info.
is there another way?

Yes there is, but it's a bit complicated and may wind up being a lot of work with the possibility of losing email messages. The post by member craig suggesting the use of Thunderbird is the "other way".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
it's not that hard. Go into your current outlook and open the accounts item. Find the listing for the data file. Should be a file with the extension .pst. Copy the .pst file to your new Mac. In outlook for Mac go to file>import. Select the .pst file. All your mail should be imported.
The above steps worked for me just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
should show you the path in outlook when you click on the data file tab. make sure you have the setting enabled that shows extensions in windows explorer.

OP
R
Reaction score
The Data could not be imported. this outlook data file is saved in ANSI format, which cannot be imported by outlook for mac

this is the exact error when im trying to import form pc to mac outlook

C

chas_m

Aaand THIS is why I have pretty much given up on Microsoft.

I mean, seriously. This is people trying to move information from one Microsoft e-mail program to another Microsoft e-mail program. It's NUTS that this doesn't "just work."

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aaand THIS is why I have pretty much given up on Microsoft.

I mean, seriously. This is people trying to move information from one Microsoft e-mail program to another Microsoft e-mail program. It's NUTS that this doesn't "just work."

More Microsoft bashing chas? Give us a break.....

It works when you use the right method. In this case the OP doesn't want to spend $12.95 for O2M which makes the job so much easier.

Maybe it "should" just work out of the box, but it doesn't. There are likewise things Apple does that should just work out of the box but doesn't. You live with it or work around it. Bashing doesn't do anyone any good. Certainly not here where our function is to help people, not bash this or that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Data could not be imported. this outlook data file is saved in ANSI format, which cannot be imported by outlook for mac

this is the exact error when im trying to import form pc to mac outlook

Hmm, sounds to me like you saved the .pst file in ansi format? You should actually just copy it to your Mac (documents folder). What version of outlook are you copying from and to?

OP
R
Reaction score
Hmm, sounds to me like you saved the .pst file in ansi format? You should actually just copy it to your Mac (documents folder). What version of outlook are you copying from and to?

from windows outlook 2002 to mac outlook 2011

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.