Safari problems

Reaction score
Safari started giving me problems a few days ago. The problem is with any sort of submit command doesn't work. For example I can't even do a Google search. I can type in a search term, but nothing happens when I press the search button.

This problem with Safari is only on my Mac mini. I wouldn't even be able to post this message from Safari on the mini so I'm using my iPad to submit it.

I cannot login to any of my online accounts as a result, such as my online bank accounts, my online subscriptions, nothing, so it's a huge problem for me. The only thing I can think of is that I had some issues with paypal and they made me change my cache settings and erase my cookies to resolve it, but the problem didn't start until about a week later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I get home too late to catch Apple tech support by the time I get home from work.

Anthony

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try logging in from a different user account and see if Safari does the same thing. If it does that suggests that the Safari preferences in your existing account might be corrupted. Pull them out of there existing place in Library/Preferences and relaunch Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Try logging in from a different user account and see if Safari does the same thing. If it does that suggests that the Safari preferences in your existing account might be corrupted. Pull them out of there existing place in Library/Preferences and relaunch Safari.

With those directions, entered in haste I assume, some may never find the file.
It's in HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences
There are three Library folders on any Mac with only one user account.

And the file you're looking for is com.apple.safari.plist

:)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks. Don't know how I forgot to include that information. I will now go to the penalty box for 10 minutes and use Windows. lol

Reaction score
if you do not mind i shall use your "safari problem" thread to post mine, rather writing a new one.

I bought my imac 27" on may 27th. It is my 1st mac.

my set-up at home is thus : modem, wireless router, Mac (3 PC laptops)

my problem is the following and has been like this since day 1:

my safari stops responding quite frequently (every day i need to quit it, re-join my network and open a safari window again).

It also seems to freeze faster when i am doing other things at the same time (internet radio, you tube..)

with itunes radio after 90 to 100minutes i need to re-join the network i am connected to, close safari and then restart from zero.

It sounds like me that i am filling up a "buffer" somewhere which might have an impact on safari's performance.

This is getting boring and disappointing, i read that either getting chrome or firefox could solve the problem but i'd rather keep everything mac...otherwise i would have bought a PC!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Ralphy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.