Advice needed on hardware/software for web project

Reaction score
I am an IT geek, hubby is a graphic artist. My little brother has tapped us to help with a new project that will involve a web site with video, dynamic banners, and I suspect many things he hasn't thought of.

We have CS2 and CS3 Design, two older Macbooks (running 10.5.8), a G4 PowerMac. We would like to upgrade to CS5.5. It looks like the Macmini's have come a ways, we already have the kbd, mouse, monitor, etc from the Mac Pro, is there any drawbacks to getting a mini? (I do qualify for Edu pricing)

My tech skills on this stuff are outdated and PC heavy. My feeling is that the right CS suite will make this easier to do. I must admit, even doing edits in Photoshop, I sometimes get frustrated and switch to a free simple editor (Paint.net or Piccasa).

On the CS 5.5 side, I lean towards the production suite, hubby leans towards web design (difference being Dreamweaver vs. Premire). The Master suite is a lot of dosh for a hobby. I am wondering if we can't get production and continue using Dreamweaver from CS3. Or would I be better off using a different program for video editing and letting the artist use the latest and greatest?

Any thoughts, hints, pointers, etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I had CS5, CS5.5 and CS4 all installed and running at the same time for a while. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work with CS3.

Now, with regards to the mini I really have no clue (despite my kids having one).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.