• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Eject tray

Reaction score
Is there any explanation for why there is no button next to the eject tray to open it on Macs? I know you can open the tray by pushing the arrow key in the far right corner of your key pad but it took me a while to figure that out.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Because there is no tray eject button because there is no tray. It is a slot load drive. Why have 2 buttons for the same thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Maybe we got us a troll?

OP
R
Reaction score
Not a troll. Just someone who is finding it extremely challenging to figure out Final Cut Pro and Macs in general. I came to this forum because I thought it was a place to get help with Final Cut Pro. It is disappointing that there are a few people here who have such a negative attitude towards people who genuinely need assistance.

C

chas_m

It's a bad idea to try and undertake two simultaneous big challenges at the same time, and you sound like you're under a deadline as well. Bad mix.

I'd suggest taking some time and learning the Mac. Mac 101 and Switch 101 can be of great help to get you up to speed on the basics.

THEN dive into Final Cut Pro, and you'll probably find it easier going, since you will now understand the underlying technologies that FCP leverages.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.