iphoto slideshow query

Reaction score
pretty sure i'm being a muppet, but have tried copying specific photos out of library into a new folder, but when i do and try to run them as a slideshow just get black.

in preview mode a grey box with an exclamation mark seems to be hiding the pics.

This indicates to me that the photos are not actually 'there', but there is evidence to the contrary.

These pics run ok as slideshow in library....

any ideas please????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
pretty sure i'm being a muppet, but have tried copying specific photos out of library into a new folder, but when i do and try to run them as a slideshow just get black.

in preview mode a grey box with an exclamation mark seems to be hiding the pics.

This indicates to me that the photos are not actually 'there', but there is evidence to the contrary.

These pics run ok as slideshow in library....

any ideas please????

How are you copying the photos out of the library?

OP
M
Reaction score
all ways!!

Have used keyboard commands i.e cmd c...cmd v, also dragging, also edit copy edit paste!.. shows them transfering, but then hey presto, nothing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There's more than one way to do it but here's what I'd suggest.

Create an album in iphoto
Select it, then File - Export - File Export
Choose the settings you want, hit ok and select a destination.

All the photos will be written out to a folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You either have no pictures in your album or haven't selected your album

OP
M
Reaction score
if it helps i have mac osx 10.5.8

An interesting development... when copied into new folder 'manually' again it will allow me to view only those pics which are portrait for editing....however still won't play even them in slideshow...

Re other method of copying problem is do not get an option to copy into the new folder i have created....just generic folders like applications etc which do not break down further...sorry if i am being dense but brain fried now and soooo frustrated as other pics in other files play just fine!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To get to the full folder list hit the blue arrow next to the name box

OP
M
Reaction score
Well.....here's a thing... copied pics into an existing folder and they played just fine...problem seems to be therefore in the creation of new folders.....and transferring into them...is that something you've come across???

Thanks for your help tho...i appreciate it

C

chas_m

Sounds like you seriously need to run Disk Utility's "repair permissions" and/or OnyX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.