• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple planning massive 12,000 employee 'spaceship' campus in Cupertino

Reaction score
Apple planning massive 12,000 employee 'spaceship' campus in Cupertino

The day after giving a keynote at the Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple CEO Steve Jobs presented the company's plans for a second campus in Cupertino, Calif., which would feature a round building that would hold 12,000 Apple employees, to the city council.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Interesting video.
If you watch it all the way through you will notice how Steve controls the whole meeting and discussion.
- He threatens to leave if not approved
- He sort of tells them they are lucky the company is in their city with the Tax Base and additional population they provide
- He does not cave into concessions for an Apple Store or for free Wi-Fi.

He is a master of command and control. He would be tough to deal with I am sure.

DavidH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Watched the video last night. The first thing I noticed was how his speech was similar to all the WWDC's and other unveiling event's speech's. He seems to be on control, but the situation gives him control to begin with. He is providing Cupertino with A LOT of tax revenue. They have no choice but to joke around with Jobs, because they know they are going to agree to his plans no matter what. Plus, I love designing...that building looks absolutely amazing from the pics I've seen!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I swear the building can take off, if it wanted to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I think they should design it to slowly spin around(slow enough to not make you nauseous)! That would be sweet!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I swear the building can take off, if it wanted to.

Everyone needs to flock there now and apply for residency. >_>"

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
That was a nice video, I'm glad I watched it. I love the idea of them placing the parking lot underground and improving the property for the sake of the environment.

Steve Jobs is so very passionate about the building, the property, and Cupertino, and his employees. I wish we had a lot more companies like that.

I'm rather upset that they are complaining about not having an Apple Store in the area, when they have to only drive 6 miles to the next Apple Store. Yet I have to drive an hour to go to the near Apple Store. :(

Everyone needs to flock there now and apply for residency. >_>"

Sign me up!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.