Help please...ibook OS 10.2.3 upgrades?

Reaction score
Hi My wifes pc laptop got nicked.. she doesnt use it for much and so I got her old ibook (version 2.2) out to configure itunes and to play films etc , need to get it online also which is on another thread but if you can help I need to know what to buy for it to find my Belkin ADSL2 wireless router.
Anyway it is running OS 10.2.3 and I want to know how I can find out the most recent operating system is that I can download or buy to get it up to date as possible.
thanks if you know anything about this.

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
It would help if we can have the full spec of the iBook (RAM, Processor) so that we can advise on OS, but in general the best you will be able to run will most likely be Tiger (10.4), and you will need a full retail disc. The problem there lies in it still being sought after and therefore expensive to buy (£75-100 even now). Downloading anything other than what you will find on Software Update is not possible, so you will get to 10.2.8, and that's it. I reckon you could pick up Panther 10.3 pretty cheap, maybe even free if you ask around here.
As for the Belkin, you should be able to download the necessary driver from thier website support pages.

C

chas_m

Unless your wife's needs are INCREDIBLY basic (like, email and solitaire only), a six-year-old computer just isn't going to cut without a significant investment which is -- in my view -- wasted money.

Find an inexpensive Intel Mac laptop -- I'm writing this to you on a Blackbook from 2007 which works GREAT and runs the latest everything. I doubt I could sell this thing for $500 but for my needs its very little different from a brand new machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.