iTunes update problems

Reaction score
I have read several of the threads on iTunes which has helped to a point. I am able to open iTunes now, where I couldn't before. Here's what happened.

Had an issue with the iPhone after daylight savings went into effect. Called Apple store who told husband to trash the iTunes from the computer, reinstall everything and get new updates (who was that genius).

Running Tiger 10.4.11. Couldn't find the iTunes dl from apple's web site (not one that works with Tiger anyway) so reinstalled from the CD that came with the computer. Of COURSE! I had several iTunes updates over the past couple of years that are now not a part of my software. When I try to open itunes I got the message. "Cannot open itunes because the library is newer"

When I remove the library, iTunes opens, but now I can't play the music, some of it was bought from iTunes and I don't want to loose it.

What's my next step? Wait and update the system? Or is there a site where I can find the updates to program I have?

C

chas_m

Just open Software Update (under the Apple menu). It will automatically update your iTunes (and other Apple software) to the latest version available for your OS version.

OP
Denali
Reaction score
Just open Software Update (under the Apple menu). It will automatically update your iTunes (and other Apple software) to the latest version available for your OS version.

Yup I have already tried it, it states "Software up to date"

After plugging in the iPhone last night it stated I needed version 9.2 or greater, so I'm off to find that version. It's gotta be out there somewhere. Right now I am running version 8

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.