Mac networking

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I have 2 imacs and a powerbook, I really would like to network all of them together, can anyone reccommend a thread or give me any advice to get this done?

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Moved to more appropriate forum.

Can you be a little more specific? What are you trying to do?

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Moved to more appropriate forum.

Can you be a little more specific? What are you trying to do?

Well i have the 3 computers and i wanted to share files between each other, My main question is I have my dsl router but do i have to buy another router for the networking itself?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do all your computers hook up to your DSL router either Wired or Wireless?

Also just in case, what brand and model is your DSL router? That way we can see if it has a DCHP server (most do) or not.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do all your computers hook up to your DSL router either Wired or Wireless?

Also just in case, what brand and model is your DSL router? That way we can see if it has a DCHP server (most do) or not.

Yes all are connected to the dsl... its a ATT 2wire Dsl modem the one supplied by my internet provider

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes all are connected to the dsl... its a ATT 2wire Dsl modem the one supplied by my internet provider

Is it possible for you to find the model number so I can check the manual to be sure? Is it the white one that AT&T gives out with 4 wired ports in back?

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it possible for you to find the model number so I can check the manual to be sure? Is it the white one that AT&T gives out with 4 wired ports in back?

Exact one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.