Lion Multi touch input

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 GHz C2D 4GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 9400 | iPhone 3GS | TV2
So the WWDC 2011 was yesterday, 6th June. I watched the video of what happened. And OS 10.7 is demoed. It's also announced that the software will be released sometime in July through the Mac App Store. Great. Now the thing is... My current iMac is from 2009. It's running Snow Leopard. Hardware wise: the 24 inch display, intel core 2 duo processor (lol that sounds almost ancient now next to the new Sandy Bridge machines). Peripherals: I've got an Apple Wired Keyboard and a Mighty Mouse.

Now I'm going to change that for Lion. But the question is: do I get a Magic Mouse or a Magic Trackpad? Or both? (I'm not so keen on this option as I then have to fork out over £100. But if it's the definite way forward, I'll go with it.) Or do I stick with the current peripheral arrangement? Or maybe I use a non Apple made mouse/trackpad?

I'd be really grateful for any advice.

OP
archos4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I seem to have posted this in the wrong section. I haven't been on in a while and didn't notice the new peripherals section. :(

OP
archos4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha that's impressive. Over 100 views, yet 2 votes and no replies (although admittedly I wasn't expecting loads of replies-it's a bit of a closed question if you read it that way).

If I did post it in the wrong section, there's no evidence of that, otherwise a moderator would surely have moved the thread. So did I ask the question in the wrong way or something? More votes would be good. Votes and replies would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Personally I'd go for the trackpad. My iMac came with the Magic Mouse but I got a Trackpad as soon as they were released, never looked back.

Never really found the magic mouse comfortable, especially for gestures.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.