Photoshop CS5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.6.7
I'm new here so if I'm in the wrong place I apologize...

I'm a long-time photoshop user, but new to CS5, at some point while designing in Pshop, I am doing something that make ALL menus gray and stops any kind of manipulation at all. I usually just quit and start it up again and re-open the file...pain in the ***.

What the heck am I doing? :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Does the image happen to be in 32 bit mode?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X 10.6.7
No it is in 8 bit, I have been searching and searching and found it's a bug? Any idea where to get the free patch?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the correct forum as it does not belong in the "Lounge". Please read forum descriptions and Sticky notices before posting.

I'm new here so if I'm in the wrong place I apologize...

You're forgiven. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
No it is in 8 bit, I have been searching and searching and found it's a bug? Any idea where to get the free patch?
Adobes website? Seriously, my install checks for updates weekly. To be honest though, I've never run into this particular bug. Every time I've got greyed out options it's because I've stupidly left it in the wrong image mode :)

Here's the most recent Photoshop cs5 (12.0) update.

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Adobe Photoshop 12.0.4 update for Adobe Photoshop CS5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.