Pics imported from old laptop auto resized to minature

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
Not all of them, just a random 60% are all about the same size as an iPhone screen when double clicked on and many of these were taken on an SLR and should be full screen and maximum quality.

They were fine in my old laptop, it's only since the import this has happened.

Any ideas?

OP
Shoeboat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
What's more, I just tried to import the dvd containing the particular batch of photos I want so that I could re-import them but it is read as a blank dvd. This Mac is a month old, my old one is more than five years old but had no problems reading the disk and importing the pics.

C

chas_m

You don't give us a lot to go on. Could be that the program you're using (which is?) on the computer you're using (which is?) can't find the originals (on what machine?) and is thus grabbing the thumbnails from (where are they stored?).

As for the DVD, this sounds EXACTLY like what would happen when my father would use a proprietary Windows program to burn discs. He never remembered to close the session (finalize the disc) and so it looked blank to EVERYBODY but him. Could that be the case here?

OP
Shoeboat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
In a nutshell, I have thousands of pics taken on all different kinds of media devices which should be full screen when clicked on.

Click on 'Events' and they can be viewed in their full glory, but scroll through in 'Photos' and they are all the size of a pack of cigarettes and with the zoom slider maximum right they are not much bigger and have less clarity.

Is there also a way I can totally disable all the face recognition software? I have no desire to name 11,512 photos.

OP
Shoeboat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
They are all 360 x 270, with the exception of a random handful.

C

chas_m

You can't disable the face recognition, but neither do you have to use it at all. Just don't go into "faces" and you will never be asked to name anyone et al.

I'm not sure what you're telling us when you say they are "all 360x270" -- do you mean the originals on your disc? If so, you saved thumbnails to disc, not original pictures.

Do you mean the imported photos? If so, you need to get back to the source photos, as they would have been shot in WAY larger dimensions.

Your post is confusing, because as you probably already know, "Events" is just a different way to view the exact same photos as appears in "Photos." They are just different views of the same assets, so they really can't actually be different.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.