Ipad to guitar amp (done the right way)

Reaction score
I've been playing guitar using the MK multimedia iRig adaptor on my iPad with the Amplitube Fender app.

Great fun, Great sound.

I want to now go from the headphone out socket on the iRig to my Guitar amplifier.
I have done this just using a 3.5mm stereo plug to 1/4" mono plug with good results but I know the impedance is all wrong.

I want to find an impedance converter that turns the high pass headphone signal into a low pass line out signal.

Preferably with the input being 3.5mm stereo and the out being mono 1/4"

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Try Behringer

I've been playing guitar using the MK multimedia iRig adaptor on my iPad with the Amplitube Fender app.

Great fun, Great sound.

I want to now go from the headphone out socket on the iRig to my Guitar amplifier.
I have done this just using a 3.5mm stereo plug to 1/4" mono plug with good results but I know the impedance is all wrong.

I want to find an impedance converter that turns the high pass headphone signal into a low pass line out signal.

Preferably with the input being 3.5mm stereo and the out being mono 1/4"

Any ideas?

Behringer do a range of stuff that may help...I use the same setup as yourself, but needed phantom power for my Rode Mics. They can be found at:

BEHRINGER: Home

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.