Switching to mac help

Reaction score
hi, im thinking of getting a mac, but i'm not sure if there are any good games or applications for them, could someone help me find out whether i should switch, at the moment i play a decent amount of FPS, a few RPG's and the occasional strategy game.
any help in deciding would be great
signature_smiley.jpg

my computer at the moment is a fairly good spec one as well, so what mac should i get instead. I have a budget of about $2000, may be a bit more depending on how much i sell my computer for.

SPEC:
i5 3.9 ghz - CPU
ati 5770 overclocked - GPU
2 Tb - hard drive
8 gb - Ram
22 inch monitor

Thanks
signature_smiley.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You haven't really given us any solid reasons why you want to switch or purchase a Macintosh.

- Nick

C

chas_m

Most mainstream games are available on the Mac -- not always immediately, but they come eventually. Not every game, but most of the mainstream ones.

If gaming is the FOCUS of your computer use, I can't recommend a Mac. They are more designed for doing useful things, and don't always stock the top-of-the-line video cards that hardcore gamers demand.

Reaction score
They say windows is great for gaming and Macs are great for everything else. So with the same amount of money you could get a super powerful gaming computer or a somewhat powerful mac not tailored for gaming.

There are a number of porting solutions for frustrated mac gamers, but getting your favorite games can be a hassle.

I suggest getting a run-of-the-mill macbook and keep a windows machine for your gaming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.