How does the DVD player on macbook pro work?

Reaction score
New to mac.
I am trying to put a DVD into my mac but it does not seem to be working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thats not giving us much to go on. Thats like saying im trying to put the key in the car but it doesnt work.

What have you tried to do ?? Insert it ?? Is it inserted and not playing ?? We need more info to help with a solution.
Mac Specs are always good as what OS you are running.

Cheers

OP
V
Reaction score
I can't insert it. I put it up to the DVD player but it does not take it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
What model MBP ?? That info so we can see if its a world wide problem. Is it still in warranty ?? You say your new to Mac but you could of bought a old MBP.
Can you get to a  store ?? If so i would be taking it in and getting them to check it out if your sure its not taking it in .Are you puching it all the way until it just about disappears ??? You need to do that on a MBP. Only about 8-10 mm will be left showing before it sucks it in.. . . . The best i can offer atm

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Push it in further... it takes it in in the last cm-inch or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well if you have done as i said above and inserted it until its just showing then i would take it straight back to them and get them to replace it for you. And they will no ?'s asked if it isnt working.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
:D Good to hear!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.