Please help with typing Vietnamese on Word 2011

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.7 and Office 2011. I'm using native input framework of Snow Leopard to type Vietnamese (Simple Telex) which works well in all application - except Office 2011. Whenever, I'm typing an incomplete word (not yet press space bar and still blue underline on the text) and moving the cursor either by using navigation keys or click with mouse. The whole incomplete text move to the new cursor place.

Is there any hint on some fix I could do to get rid of the problem? I'm still able to work with that, but it is really annoying.

Thanks

Reaction score
Do you have the same problem when using OpenOffice or Textedit?

Reaction score
So far I the Simple telex settings seem to work for me. Maybe you could try the other Vietnamese keyboard layouts. If that doesn't work, I suggest getting ukelele and making your own keyboard layout to suit your needs. The program is simple to use because it has a graphical user interface. So just base yourself on the US keyboard or the closest one to the Vietnamese layout, place the extra keys you need, and voilà.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.