Looking for Flash / HTML5 Animator

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this would be better placed in the Web Design forum, but since it's not really about discussing design, I thought this might be better... Mods, please feel free to move if need be.

My company has storyboarded out a simple animation (approximate run time 2 minutes) for a client's home page. Unfortunately we don't have animators on staff. In the ideal, the animation would be done in HTML5, but would kick over automatically/seamlessly to Flash in the event that a user has an older browser.

If anybody is capable of helping, and would like to know more, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
html 5 is still up in the air as far as what formats you are going to include flash and ogg and mp4.

You can output your Flash movie as a mov file then convert it to mp4 and ogg with Handbrake
HandBrake

Then its a matter of making your webpage send out flash to older browsers and ogg or mp4 to modern browsers

Embed Videos In Your Web Pages Using HTML5 | Webmonkey | Wired.com

Eventually they should be able to sort out the html 5 video mess

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Definitely better place than Buy/Sell/Trade.

OP
Shikarnov
Reaction score
html 5 is still up in the air as far as what formats you are going to include flash and ogg and mp4.

You can output your Flash movie as a mov file then convert it to mp4 and ogg with Handbrake
HandBrake

Then its a matter of making your webpage send out flash to older browsers and ogg or mp4 to modern browsers

Embed Videos In Your Web Pages Using HTML5 | Webmonkey*| Wired.com

Eventually they should be able to sort out the html 5 video mess

Well, in addition to having a simple movie, I'd hoped to have some controls in it -- like a big play button at the starting point, and two clickable buttons at the end to let users decide where to go next. Can that be done with a simple embedded movie?

My overriding concern is that iOS devices, or other Flash disabled users/devices, aren't excluded from viewing this material without jumping through hoops. I know that I, for example, typically keep Flash disabled on my Mac since it appears to be the only thing capable of eating up my 8 gigs of RAM.

OP
Shikarnov
Reaction score
Try the adobe labs project and ask adobe to give you a helping hand, since they are asking people like you to test out this new feature

Wallaby | Adobe Flash FLA to HTML - Adobe Labs

Interesting. I might have to give that a whirl sometime when I work on something for my own company or something personal. Even if I had a movie to convert, instead of a storyboard to hand off to an animator, most of my clients would probably object to using their sites as a test bed. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You need Hype.

It makes creating HTML5 animations as simple as using Keynote…

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Interesting link, Aptmunich, I will be looking into that for work

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I tried Wallaby a while ago using sample files from Adobe's website and it couldn't even handle those. I kept getting error messages - you need to use a specific version of Flash (CS5 I believe). I tried with CS5 samples from their site and still couldn't get it to work. Your mileage may vary but I would look into alternative technologies. In fact, if you kept it simple, you probably wouldn't even need a Flash backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.