iPhone 3GS white screen...

Reaction score
So in september I will have had my iphone 3gs for 2 years. About 2 weeks ago, my phone started acting up. Whenever I go to turn the screen on, it just show white... kinda like the flashlight apps. The touch-screen still function in that I can hear the buttons being pressed, but can not see the screen.

At first I thought it might have to do with not being able to get the latest OS for it because I am still running the Tiger OS on my Mac which does not allow for the new iTunes which allows for the new updates for my phone.

However, I have noticed, that when I keep my phone in my pocket or have it outside in the sun for a while, it will start to work again. Which makes me think it might have gotten damaged when I had it out in the field for training one week. Any input would be helpful. I really don't want to buy a new one until my contract is up in september... As much as id like to have the new iphone 4 right now....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.