Looking for: good calendar (not iCal)

Reaction score
Hey guys (girls),

I am on the look for a good calendar. I keep forgetting to open my iCal to look at my tasks. I even forget to put up a reminder for important dates so iCal is basically useless for me.

So I am looking for a calendar that automatically reminds you off important tasks and/or that blends in with my background so its always open and I can always look at it.

Hopefully someone can help me out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 2010 13 inch
Google calender works well, but, no offense, if you cant remember to set the reminders when you enter the data, every calendar out there is useless to you. You could set up ical to open when you turn on the Mac

OP
Mac Math
Reaction score
Google calender works well, but, no offense, if you cant remember to set the reminders when you enter the data, every calendar out there is useless to you. You could set up ical to open when you turn on the Mac

I never turn off my mac... so when would I turn it on?

C

chas_m

I agree with what has been said ... the problem is you, and the solution is you as well.

Until you learn to set reminders, no calendar program will work for you. iCal works GREAT for this. I use a program called MenuCalendarClock iCal to put an iCal icon in my menubar that I can look at anytime. But again, without setting the reminders in the first place, nothing will work for you.

OP
Mac Math
Reaction score
I agree with what has been said ... the problem is you, and the solution is you as well.

Until you learn to set reminders, no calendar program will work for you. iCal works GREAT for this. I use a program called MenuCalendarClock iCal to put an iCal icon in my menubar that I can look at anytime. But again, without setting the reminders in the first place, nothing will work for you.

Found a solution already. Problem is not me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz i7, 8 GB Ram, SSD + HDD, Radeon HD 6970M 2GB,
Which solution did you go with?

OP
Mac Math
Reaction score
Which solution did you go with?

Schermafbeelding_2011-06-07_om_23.16.05.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.