Looking to buy a MacBook

Reaction score
So I recently started to travel for work a lot lately, and am looking to buy a laptop. I'm currently looking at purchasing a MacBook off EBay, and have some questions. Here are the specs -

Intel Core Duo 2 GHZ
13.3" LCD Screen
1GB RAM
80GB Hard drive
SUPERDRIVE
WIFI
ISIGHT (WEBCAM)
USBs
RJ45
DVI
BT
OSX10.4
Airport Card

My main questions are - how well with this machine work with basic tasks - surfing, youtube, streaming any videos, just basic websurfing I'll be doing with this. Will it be fast enough? What is a good price for a machine like this or something similar?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
That's an old Macbook ...Could be one of three released from mid 2006 to mid 2007, with an old OS on it.
Not going to be very fast, especially with the small HD and just 1GB of RAM.
Personally, I wouldn't buy it, but if I had to, I wouldn't pay more than $300 US and only if it were in mint condition and came with the original install media.

Reaction score
I have a MacBook 13" Dual-Core 2GHz laptop and it works perfectly fine for me.

Admittedly I have upgraded the RAM to 4GB and the Hard Disk to a faster 7200rpm drive, but I did that soon after I brought it 18 Months ago.

I'm running Snow Leopard and use it for Streaming DVDs across my network, editing photos in PhotoShop and iPhoto along with general internet browsing including YouTube and blogging.

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.