Burning events to a dvd

Reaction score
I have Iphoto 8 and am trying to get the thousands of photos off my PC onto DVD's and am having trouble.
I would like the DVD to show event file and then open to show photos but no matter how I burn them they show up on the DVD as thousands of loose photo's and no file or event name...what's the trick, if there is one...Thanks, Donna

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I have Iphoto 8 and am trying to get the thousands of photos off my PC onto DVD's and am having trouble.
I would like the DVD to show event file and then open to show photos but no matter how I burn them they show up on the DVD as thousands of loose photo's and no file or event name...what's the trick, if there is one...Thanks, Donna

Have you tried using iDvD?

OP
F
Reaction score
OK...found IDVD (didn't even know it was there) now can you give me a tip on how to burn events onto it. Everything I try with it still give me single photo files?

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
C

chas_m

Pedropete: let's cut down on snark, eh? People don't tend to get to know EVERYTHING their Mac can do, and often ignore apps until the day comes when they actually need it. Perfectly normal behaviour.

flh: iPhoto can export photos to disk in two different ways: either as an iphoto-compatible library that preserves all that stuff like events, ratings, etc but is only readable by iPhoto (mainly used to MOVE an iPhoto library to another machine) or it can burn a disk of photos that can be read by other machines (but loses some of the peripheral info like star ratings). Both methods are covered by tutorials in iPhoto's help folder -- just type "burning" and you should get both help files on the subject.

There is also a free third-party utility I like called iPhoto to Disk that sounds like it is exactly what you are looking for and makes the whole process a LOT easier. I'd suggest you check it out. Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.