Laser Printer with different results between Mac and Windows

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

This is my first post in the forum and would like to try to resolve a question about my laser printer.

I have an HP Color LaserJet CP1025, installed on my iMac with Snow Leopard 10.6.7 and the updated drivers from HP. The printer functions appear normally, but the result is low.

The colors are very poor and dark on the Mac. I tried to find a configuration of icc profile but I not found with this driver. Changing the settings of paper does not resolve too. Always the same poor color and dark.

But...

When it connects to a PC, the result is simply normal! Test with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, where the printing system from Microsoft colors correspond to the acceptable standard expected.

So what could be happening? HP would just ignore the large community of Mac users, distributing untested drivers with buggy color profile?

Or was it some setting on my iMac that still could not figure out? I tried the HP support by phone and could not solve my case.

Thank you for any help.

Thanks,

RPX

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have already gone through the various settings for the HP in OS X and the results are still poor, then it's likely a driver problem. Especially if the printer works well from Windows. Just make sure that you have gone through all the settings and options. Some of them may be easy to miss if you are not accustomed to the way printer options are displayed in OS X.

Did you open the HP Print Queue, and choose Printer Setup?

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi,

After several test pages, I discovered a new fact:

Is not possible set the Color Matching to “Vendor Matching” in printer dialog windows. The only option available in Manegement Color is "Automatic" (from document). This happens in any software (Safari, Illustrator, Indesign ...). But only in Acrobat X I disabled the color management in "Advanced" option in printer dialog. But errors occur in some vector rendering and images. Only the colors are correct...

That is, if the printer does not use document color profile sent by software, the colors print correct. But as this driver simply does not have an ICC profile to use on system, I have no way to bypass options to use the native print settings...

Do you know any way I could pick any one ICC profile (like Adobe RGB) and edit it to get closer to the result in Windows prints? Something like sliders to set contrast, saturation, only to remedy this disparity of colors on Mac.

Thanks,

RPX

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.