Mba

d_b

Reaction score
So hopefully in the very near future I should be getting a MBA. The question is...... should I wait?

I have noticed that apple seem to re fresh some of their products on a yearly basis. Is this the same with MBA etc? Does anyone actually know for sure? I'm not sure how long the MBA has been out tbh. Are there any rumours about a new one? Dates etc that should make me wait?

What is do you think I should do?

Cheers

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
There are rumors that one will be coming out this summer with icore processors. Apples WWDC starts monday so we might hear something then. Then again they often dont mention these lesser updates (aka not redesigns).

In general if you are always waiting for the next new thing to come out you will never buy anything but I think it is a good idea to wait a bit when there are rampent rummors like there are now.

I say wait at least a week.

OP
D

d_b

Reaction score
Cool cheers, was going to wait till at least Monday anyway just incase.

I dont think I would use it for anything that uses a lot of power anyway so I don't even know if i would notice a new/fast processor. But I don't know too much about processors though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There won't be any major hardware announcements at WWDC, Apple has made it very clear that it's a software focused event this year. Updates to the AIR at best, are at least a few weeks away, they certainly won't be next week.

OP
D

d_b

Reaction score
Do you think they will be in the near future or should I just get one? I presume thunderbolt port will be added as well when there is an update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you need a machine now, get it now. If you want to wait, you can wait. The problem is no one can know for sure when Apple will release new ones until they announce it.

The current machines are good machines. There are also almost no Thunderbolt accessories out there now, and an Air is for portability meaning you'll likely rarely have plugged in anyway :p

OP
D

d_b

Reaction score
That's a fair point. Dont really need one at all tbh, just want one. Will probs just go and get one. Cheers for the replies

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.