Mac mail won't send mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I just put my Gmail account into my Apple Mail. It won't send out emails do to an issue with smpt. Also, the emails that I have as contacts won't show up when I type them. Does this mean I have to manually put all my Gmail contacts into my Apple Address or should it automatically do it?

Here is the smpt error I get:

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moved to correct forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Mine won't send either.... it stays in outbox

You can always delete your gmail account then re-add it. I have read else where only recently that this has worked for others.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
You may have to change the outgoing mail server to your internet provider's mail server with the appropriate user credentials. Many providers block the smtp port so to prevent people from running their own email servers

Reaction score
Mac's MAIL wen't send

I'm using Mac's MAIL on my MacBook Pro under OS 10.6.8. I receive messages OK but cannot send.

Error message reads: "Cannot send message using the server smtp.1and1.com"

But when I check diagnostics I get: A) Mail was able to connect to the Internet; B) Connection and login to server successful; C) Connection to server successful;login not required.

What shall I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Wrong outgoing server address? I experienced that a lot while MobileMe was still around.

Reaction score
gmail and apple mail

gmail will work with apple mail.. if gmail is set up with 2 step verification then you need to generate a new password in gmail 2 step verification settings and copy it ...
Then create new mail account in Apple mail and put your email but use the generated password and it should connect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.