Ipad2 browser question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
On my Ipad2, my default search engine is google. So when I look up something, lets say "macforums" and then exit, when I come back it is still where I left off. Is there any way that I can set it so that when I come back it will default to the Google search site, clearing where I last left off? I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not in Safari unless you quit the app, not just going to another app so all it does is go to the background.

To do what you would like, grab Atomic Web Browser. A tabbed browser, along with many other features, incl'g the ability to set up privacy mode in which you have several options to delete cookies, history, cache when it is closed or goes into the background. Once you have privacy settings to your taste, it has a menu option at the top of the browser to turn privacy mode on or off according to your at the moment desire.

All it's options are within the browser also. No need to head back to Settings like you do with most of Apple's apps.

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks bobtomay. I will give it a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
You can make it open to Google by creating a shortcut to the Google URL and placing it on your home screen.

1) Launch Safari on the device.
2) In the address field type Google
3) Type the share button (bottom of screen, icon looks like a box with an arrow)
4) Click "Add to home screen" to create a shortcut to the URL
5) Name your shortcut and tap "Add"

There you have it, a URL of your choosing that does not pick up where you left off. Safari will still function the same way and go right back, but the shortcut will always start at your fresh page.

Hope this helps!

OP
firesidedog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks JohnCL. I will give this a try as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
Thanks JohnCL. I will give this a try as well.

Guess you must have figured out which browser to use by now. However you may try out Terra, it is an excellent user friendly browser. You will not be disappointed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.