• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

China: Teenager 'sells kidney for iPad' – BBC news

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Talk about brand loyalty...it's all good. He has another kidney, and failing that, he'll have a nice toy to play with while he takes hemodialysis...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
As much as I like my Ipad2, I would never go such extreme lengths as to get one.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If he would have gotten a lot more money for his kidney, more power to him. However, the donors only get a fraction of the money; I'm seeing one article that says kidneys usually go for $20,000.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
If he would have gotten a lot more money for his kidney, more power to him. However, the donors only get a fraction of the money; I'm seeing one article that says kidneys usually go for $20,000.

I was about to say...Kidneys are worth way more than an iPad.

That's kind of crazy.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Everything's cheaper in China it seems...:p

Reaction score
This is what I call one **** of a hardcore Apple FanBoy!

Madness, complete madness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
I don`t want to sound rude, but it hard to immagine how can someone go that far for something, Yes I know, sometimes are just chasing the dream, but it comes to make changes to the body I just think is stupid, and he didn`t buy the Ipad 2 after all, that`s even worse!

We can expect to see other organs of that kid on the market as the technology grows!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.