So you got your wife a Macbook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27 iMac 2.93
I thought I would share this incase anyone else might run into the problem I did. I bought my wife a new macbook and of course, after countless times, told her not to leave a glass of water near it... So being as she is my wife, I know nothing and hence we have a very beautiful paperweight. I still took it in for the diagnosis(I'll share why in a second) and of course, Apple does not cover accidental damage. Logic board and the tune of 749 to 1075 dollars to fix it depending on which board I need. Long story short, if you have home owners insurance or renters insurance, be sure to check with them, 500 dollar deductible is alot nice to deal with than no laptop or insane repair cost. Thought I would share that as i'm waiting for my claim to process.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Would you kindly pass on my face-palms to your wife? :p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So being as she is my wife, I know nothing and hence we have a very beautiful paperweight.

Sorry to hear about the laptop loss :(...but I can TOTALLY identify with the quote above about "since you're the husband you know nothing!";)

Every time I see my wife with a liquid/beverage near her laptop...I give her the "riot-act". Of course I'm sure she's thinking "What a nag"!;) But if it saves a laptop...it's worth it!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
My wife loves her Mac more than me, ;D so she never has water, snacks, or the kids near it. :)

OP
Housekat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 27 iMac 2.93
consider yourself lucky JohnCL, my wife has that, it won't happen to me attitude, but it happened lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.