iPad delivery via UPS

Reaction score
Ordered an iPad from the Apple website a few weeks ago. When the dispatch notification finally arrived I was pleased. UPS sent the iPad but I was unable to sign for the package as it came very late in the day, so it was sent back to their distribution centre. There was no useful information on the slip which was left, apart from chargeable phone numbers and lots of small print.

The UPS website lacked vital information about the tracking of the iPad and the information given was vague. A redelivery was successful in the end, but a warning to anyone ordering an iPad in the UK from Apple. Be available when it is delivered. UPS's have very few distribution centers in the UK, that is if UPS tell you where your package is at. In my opinion Apple should have used another courier such as TNT for the iPad deliveries. I have had no problems with them (TNT had to pick up a return, a large iMac and everything went really smoothly).

Not sure if anyone else has had problems with UPS or iPad deliveries before?
Also, asking UPS about this issue, they blame Apple as "they make all the rules for the deliveries".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.