quick ipod question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
When i plugg in my ipod it opens itunes, and even if i do not change anything in itunes it says its updating and acts as if it is putting new songs on there that already exsist on the ipod, so my question is what is it really doing?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it also appears to taking up more memory but i have not added or deleted any songs off of my itunes library

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Do you remember adding album art or altering the data from the song file like song title, genre, artist, etc? I so believe that iTunes updates the play count by how many times it is played on your iPod, but not too positive.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no thats the thing i havent changed anything, i mean i listen to it while im on campus but that is it

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
The only other thing that I can think would be that you changed the star rating on the iPod by accident, and then your iPod need to record that change with iTunes. Otherwise, I'm just as baffled as you are. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or you have smart playlists that are playcount based, so it has to update them accordingly.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
this is a very weird probelm, i have 420 songs on my ipod which still leaves me with 4 gigs free (6 gb mini) and i plugged it in to charge and it updated and took it down to 3.97 gigs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.