Mail on my Mac???????

Reaction score
I was trying to set up my yahoo account to be readable from my Mac mail on the desktop. It keeps telling me I need "mail plus" from yahoo. Are they serious? I need to pay them $20 a year to get my mail on the desktop?

Is there something I am missing?

Also, I purchased an email marketing program and I can't seem to access the yahoo server through that either. Is this the same problem?

If these are the cases, why can I access this and other accounts on my phone, but no where else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
According to the FAQ for Mail Plus...

Offline access with POP

With POP access, you can download your Yahoo! Mail messages using your desktop email application, such as Outlook., and then access them offline.

Are you using an app to access your mail on your phone?

OP
Matt Strader
Reaction score
Nope. I had an issue with my .edu email on my phone, similar to this, but I forget how I resolved it.

C

chas_m

I was trying to set up my yahoo account to be readable from my Mac mail on the desktop. It keeps telling me I need "mail plus" from yahoo. Are they serious? I need to pay them $20 a year to get my mail on the desktop?

Yes, they are serious.

If you can hang on a couple of months, iCloud will be free!

C

chas_m

Nope! Apple doesn't own Yahoo, so Apple can't tell Yahoo what to do. They want to make money, apparently. Silly web company!

Anyway, my previous post was suggesting (in shorthand) that you dump that piece o'crap Yahoo address and get an iCloud address when it becomes available. Problem permanently solved!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.