Can't find Cyberduck on system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I downloaded cyberduck to my OS X system. But I can't find it. However, when I do a find it opens. In fact, I might have two version since one says cyberduck-1. Where is this application and how do I delete and do a clean install? Do I have to donate to cyberduck in order to use the full version?

Thanks

I found my mistake. I did NOT download the entire version. I found the cyberduck in my download folder. It was not showing up before because I did not have the correct view option clicked. When I found cyberduck in my download folder I deleted them. Then I downloaded the full version, installed the update and dragged the icon to my dock. :D One question: Why does an application like Cyberduck not show up in my applications, utilities or documents folder, but in my download folder even after I installed it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
If you downloaded it, it's likely in ~/Downloads. I'm assuming that this means that you can't find it in your Applications. If that's the case you'll need to install it, in Cyberducks case I believe that you just need to drag the .app file to your Applications folder. In general the -1 suffix means that there's another file of the same base name in the folder.

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
If you downloaded it, it's likely in ~/Downloads. I'm assuming that this means that you can't find it in your Applications. If that's the case you'll need to install it, in Cyberducks case I believe that you just need to drag the .app file to your Applications folder. In general the -1 suffix means that there's another file of the same base name in the folder.

Thanks. It's on my dock from my download folder. Should I drag Cyberduck to my applications folder too? In other words, will not not technically be an application until I do so?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Ok, so in your Downloads folder you have Cyberduck.app and a Cyberduck-4.0.2.zip more than likely. If this is the case, you can drag the Cyberduck.app file into your Applications folder (if it's not already there). Then you can delete every cyberduck file from Downloads. Cyberduck does automatic updates.

Dragging it to the Applications folder is how the install is performed. You can run many basic apps within OS X without performing an 'installation'.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Take a look at this article. It explains how to install applications using different methods in case you're still confused.

Reaction score
If your looking for it still and it's in your dock simply right click the icon and go to "Show In Finder", depending on your OS version it might be under "Options" when you right click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.