Verizon Wirelss Broadband Access

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
My dad bought a Verizon wireless PC5740 to work with his Dell... I am trying to get it to work on my mac. I have completed the following steps in terminal to try to get this to function with my mac.

Code:
IOSerialFamily kernel extension PlugIns folder by executing the following command: cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
Execute the ls command to view the directory, and you should see amongst the other plug-ins one called AppleVerizonSupport.kext and the other called AppleVerizonSupportKicker.kext. If you do not see these directories, then you are probably not running Mac OS X 10.3.5 or later, as they are installed by default (you can download the Apple Drivers and then start over)
To enable support for the Audiovox PC5740, we need to change the Vendor ID number in the two Info.plist files contained within the two kext's above. You can use pico, but any text editor will do.
Type sudo pico AppleVerizonSupport.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Scroll down until you see a line that says idVendor
In the line underneath, you should see 3901
Replace the number with 4204 (which is the vendor ID of the Audiovox PC5740)
Scroll down until you see a line that says idProduct
In the line underneath, you should see 274
Replace the number with 14081 (which is the product ID of the Audiovox PC5740)
Save and exit the editor
Repeat process for the AppleVerizonSupportKicker.kext plist file
Rebuild the kernel extension cache by executing these two commands:
sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

So my question is... why isn't it working... any other suggestions as to what I can do to get this working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
have you edited the files that it tells you to?

then did you rebuild the kernal extensions?

its not too hard to do what its askin if your not scared of using the terminal, just give us a shout if you have no idea what im on about and ill post up what you need to type in the Terminal window

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I edited the files it told me.... I also rebuilt the kernal extensions... that is why I am baffled why it is not funtioning correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.